Magento is an open-source content management system for e-commerce web sites. It is a feature-rich eCommerce platform trusted by more than 150,000 online retailers, including some of the world’s leading brands, ranging from small websites to large multinational businesses. Magento offers a level of functionality and customizability that provides merchants with the flexibility and control to create online stores.
Major powerful features are catalogue-management tools, multi-store management, marketing, mobile commerce, business reports, search engine optimization and. Magento’s CMS facilities also support the creation of complex content pages, version control, and menus.
Magento eCommerce Features
Magento was developed specifically for eCommerce. Its functionality overall is tailored towards a business structure and selling online. If your goal is to sell products, then using Magento is highly recommended. Maybe you want to support different shipping options or multiple payment methods; Just by navigating through the Magento Admin Panel, you’ll notice that an overwhelming majority of it is devoted to eCommerce capabilities like shipping options, payment integration, inventory, price management, gift cards, or order fulfilment. Magento is also more secure than using WordPress third party plugins.
CHECKOUT, PAYMENT, & SHIPPING
- One-Page Online Checkout
- Integrated for Real-Time Shipping Rates from UPS®, FedEx®, and USPS®
- Option on Credit Card Transactions to Authorize and Charge or Authorize Only and Charge on Creation of Invoices
- Integrated with Amazon Payments, PayPal, Authorize.net, and Google Checkout
- Ability to Accept Checks, Money Order, and Online Purchase Orders
- SSL Security Support for All Online Order and Sensitive Transactions
- Online Tax and Shipping Calculation and Prior to Checkout Estimates
- Option to Create Account as Part of Online Checkout Process
- Gift Message Management
- Configurable Saved Cart Expiration
- Multiple Shipping Address Management
- Online Order Tracking from Customer Account
- Ability to Manage Multiple Shipments on a Single Online Order
- Destination Country Management
- Per Order and Per Item Flat Rate Shipping Option
- Free Shipping Functionality
- Manage Shipping by Weight and Destination
- Multiple Images Per Product
- Product Image Zoom-in Capability
- Product Reviews
- Related Products
- Stock Availability
- Multi-Tier Pricing Upsell
- Product Option Selection
- Grouped Products View
- Add to Wishlist
- Send to a Friend with Email
- Inventory Management with Backordered items, Minimum and Maximum quantities
- Batch Import and Export of catalog
- Batch Updates to products in admin panel
- Google Base Integration
- Simple, Configurable (e.g. size, color, etc.), Bundled and Grouped Products
- Customer Personalized Products – upload text for embroidery, monogramming, etc.
- Tax Rates per location, customer group and product type
- Attribute Sets for quick product creation of different item types
- Create Store-specific attributes on the fly
- Media Manager with automatic image resizing and watermarking
- Approve, Edit and Delete Product Tags
- Approve, Edit and Delete Product Reviews
- RSS feed for Low Inventory Alerts Customer Personalized Products – Upload text for embroidery, monogramming, etc. (this one is already there, but want to have the following shown after it)
- Customer Personalized Products – Upload Image
- Customer Personalized Products – Select Date/Time options for products
- Customer Sorting – Define Attributes for Customer
- Sorting on category (price, brand, etc.)
- Layered / Faceted Navigation for filtering of products in categories
- Layered / Faceted Navigation for filtering of products in search results
- Flat Catalog Module for Improved Performance with large catalogs
- Static Block tool to create category landing pages
- Ability to assign designs on category and product level (unique design per product/category)
- Recently viewed products
- Product comparisons
- Cross-sells, Up-sells and Related Items
- Filter by Product Tags
- Product Reviews
- Product listing in grid or list format
Why is Magento the most preferred E-Commerce Platform
- Magento platform comes with full of user-friendly features.
- Magento allows you to update your ecommerce website automatically, which is not available in other ecommerce platforms.
- It is simple, quick and versatile, which makes it easy for customers to search and purchase products and services through Magento powered websites.
- Magento offers users with highly interactive shopping experience.
- Besides supporting multiple website, Magento also lends support to online stores in promoting their inventory in diverse domains.
- Magento being designed to be a configuration based MVC system (along with a range of extensions) helps to make your website highly scalable.
- Magento ecommerce platform features a powerful SEO, marketing and catalogue management tools so as to fulfil exclusive business requirements of merchants.
Magento is a very powerful ecommerce system. If you are thinking of starting a serious business and you can see the possibility of future growth, it’s definitely worth investing in Magento. Although every e-commerce solution has its own advantages and disadvantages, it is important to have a clear concept of your primary business needs in order to choose the right platform for your e-commerce website. You need to contemplate which one will benefit you the most; because every business has individual requirements for creating the right system. Magento is one of the most preferred platforms by businesses across all industries from start-ups, to SMEs to large enterprises.