As of 2015, more than approximately 1.8 billion internet users have accessed social networks; 170 million of which were located in the United States. Despite the ubiquity of social networks, market potential is still increasing, as user figures and user engagement continues to grow.
Social Media Growth Statistics:
- YouTube is the second largest search engine on the web
- 50% of YouTube’s 300 millions users visit at least once a week
- Facebook usage is up 40% since last year
- 5 billions photos are uploaded to @facebook each month
- 96% of 18-35 year olds are on a social network
- 15% of bloggers spend 10 hours or more each week blogging
- 25% of search results for the World’s Top 20 largest brands are links to user-generated content
- 78% of consumers trust peer recommendations
- 1 in 5 americans age 18-35 use @twitter
- Twitter is adding 300,000 users a day
Number of social network users worldwide from 2010 to 2018 (in billions)
This statistic shows the number of social network users worldwide from 2010 to 2014 with projections until 2018. In 2016, it is estimated that there will be around 2.13 billion social network users around the globe, up from 1.4 billion in 2012.