- March 16, 2015
- Posted by: Wevio
- Category: Sales & Marketing, Wevio Blog
It is very important for every website to have a call to action button. Every designer should understand the tremendous benefits it brings to any business website. The basic purpose of call to action buttons is to convert visitors into customers. The challenge for designers is to design effectively for the mobile phones and other related gadgets.
The importance of language, color, scale and other related factors enables in increasing the conversion rate. Call to action buttons are used in several aspects such as requesting information, downloading something, shopping cart and in many more.
There are many different types of call to action buttons like Add to Cart Buttons, Learn More Buttons, Sign up Buttons Download Buttons, Trial Buttons etc and depends on the type of market you are targeting. Each button aims and focuses to get visitors. The kind of Size and Color, Language, Icons and Images play a vital role in achieving success.
Types of Call-to-Action Buttons: There are a few different types of call to action buttons. While each type aims to get visitors to perform a certain action, that action can vary considerably. Below are the most common types of call to action buttons, based on the action they want you to take.
- Add to Cart Buttons
- Download Buttons
- Trial Buttons
- Learn More Buttons
- Signup Buttons
Guidelines to use Call-to-Action Button Properly
- Use simple, direct language
- Use a large, bold font on the button for the main text
- Make sure the language clearly calls for a specific action
- Make sure the main call to action is still the most prominent text on your button
- Make sure the icons you use help clarify your button’s meaning, rather than confuse it
- Easily-recognized icons can immediately indicate meaning to your visitors
- Don’t be afraid to use less-commonly used icons, as long as their meaning is still clear